Back to PK
forum logo

Most wanted feature Return to General Discussion

What is the next feature you would like to see in game?

Buildings
29%
Leveling System
36%
Crafting
7%
Guilds
4%
Parties
No votes
Questing
7%
Trading
14%

Total votes : 41

sebdude420

World: Legends
Gold: 34059
Flags: 10

Re: Most wanted feature

Post by sebdude420 on Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:03 am

Screw lvln/guilds/parties.

Make progression item based.

Buildings would be ok for trading.bank.safespot.

I hope they keep the game simple. Being on a phone is for casual 10-20 minute play. Not 10 hour WoW style grinding

scapper

Gold: 5709
Flags: 1

Post by scapper on Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:48 pm

i think the game should get quests. it would make getting items and gold more efficient

Grifin

Gold: 8234
Flags: 4

Post by Grifin on Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:45 am

scapper wrote:i think the game should get quests. it would make getting items and gold more efficient

Efficient? Maybe elaborate, but not efficient. Quests would just be an extra step put in between getting the item or gold and the player. I personally think quests are an important part of any sytem if you are going fo immeresion. But they are hardly 'effiecient'... hence the reasons powerlevelers in PC mmos camp spawns and not quests.

But I digress.

I think the game has a ways to go with its core gameplay systems before they start building quests...
Core systems like better community functionality (i.e. chat system, mail system, 'clan'/ friend grouping), combat system (leveling? Ranged combat? Xp/gold distribution for more than one person doing damage to a monster?) As well as systems I'm sure I haven't even considered yet.

All that to say, we'd need some lore before we get quests. :)

Andrew-rename

World: Horizons

Post by Andrew-rename on Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:30 pm

*bump* for the newer people

Epaeris

Gold: 2596

Post by Epaeris on Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:24 pm

The graphics and feel of the game (personally) do not allow quests. Although the idea is quite intriguing, there must be a more in depth set of features (i.e. xp/lvls/graphics) before the idea could be implemented. Personally, the idea of guilds and classes (i.e. mage/warrior/thief) is more alluring but would make quests even more favorable. Also it would be nice if the quests were used were not pointless goals for NPCs, but rather quests for other community members and also quests for the gamemakers themselves.

Andrew-rename

Post by Andrew-rename on Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:05 am

Epaeris wrote:The graphics and feel of the game (personally) do not allow quests.

Why do you say this? What does the feel or the graphics of the game have to do with quests?

mimerneos

Gold: 16797
Flags: 4

Post by mimerneos on Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:28 pm

@andrew
I'm sure the guy above just didn't find the right words to describe the feelings he had about the game. Obviously grafics have nothing to do with anything at this stage or any other because they are not practical, all I care about is that I can tell what that specific grafic is trying to represent. The feel of the game doesn't allow quests I guess, because it curves off of the original rpg style which includes npcs that give quests. If you can imagine a creative way of making quests, then even I will be amazed, you can easily make events telling players to kill 10 crawlers, but that would not exactely be quests.

Maybe make a platform out side of the g-map where people can go any time, where you can find poition shops and weaponry and npcs that give quests. Hehehehe, if you like the idea take it, and I'l be glad to expand upon that building stone of imagination.

Epaeris

Gold: 2596

Post by Epaeris on Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:12 pm

I am quite sorry if I offended you with my statment about the graphics. I did not mean to anger anyone, what I meant was that without it being truly 3D it might seem rather odd. If you could pull it off I would be amazed and delighted.

urDtrain

Gold: 1053541
Flags: 15371

Post by urDtrain on Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:27 pm

Well, since it's based on Google Maps as the underlying graphics, you'll have to ask them. Maybe if it was based on Google Earth?? Hmmmn... now there's an Idea!! 3D buildings in cities, street level walk throughs, perspective changes so you can see the Stags rushing towards you..

I think I'd need more than 16g in my phone at that point.

Andrew-rename

Post by Andrew-rename on Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:31 pm

Epaeris wrote:I am quite sorry if I offended you with my statment about the graphics. I did not mean to anger anyone, what I meant was that without it being truly 3D it might seem rather odd. If you could pull it off I would be amazed and delighted.

No offense taken. We've actually looked into doing more advanced graphics, but the phones are not capable of doing them easily. We also were concerned with the battery life and memory usage.

PreviousNext