Back to PK
forum logo

Future Ages, and what we're likely to see. Return to General Discussion

BlackOctober

World: Legends
Gold: 1207
Flags: 1

Future Ages, and what we're likely to see.

Post by BlackOctober on Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:43 pm

Right now, the game is definitely in a very primative state. However, if you have seen screenshots of the game earlier this year, they seem to include features that were taken out of the game (Buildings, mining, woodcutting, ect). This is a link to the state of the game about 5 months ago. It is a review of the game from a beta tester. http://www.anddev.org/hands_on_parallel_kingdom_mmorpg_-_impressions-t1618.html. I sent an email to Justin asking why features had been downgraded, and this is what he had to say.

Hey Black October,

Thanks for your email.

Yeah, Parallel Kingdom has been an interesting adventure. Long story short: We’ve done a ton of development and testing with different game play features. We are excited about future ages and they pull these different game features all together. :-) Hopefully sometime soon I’ll post to the forum some more detail about some of the difference between those screenshots.

Justin

---------------------------------------------

Based on screenshots we've already seen, and comments from the developers, here's some stuff we're likely to see in the future.

-Buildings. Craft them, use them to gain more resources to make more buildings
-Levels, spells, abilities, and more monsters for certain.
-Craft your own weapons in buildings that you have built. Most likely being able to restore uses on current weapons for a price.
-A solid community, presumably a guild feature.
-Large cities being built as a result of players working together towards a common goal.
-Guilds with their minds set on building these cities and opening them as trading hubs for other players to use
-Guilds with their minds set on raiding these cities, PvPing, and causing total havoc. :twisted:
-A greatly improved UI with more features that are more accessable. (Refer to previous screenshots showing crafting systems)
- Quests to gain experience and gold
- AVATARS. Instead of a circle with a smiley face in it, I'm sure we're likely to see an avatar with the player's name under it, which prominantly displays the equipment that the player is wearing
-A trading system
-Possibly a toggleable PvP feature, so players don't have to PvP if they don't want to.

And I'm sure there will be many more things to come. Given the current idea of the game, with these features added, I'm sure this will become the first *truly* great MMO on the iPhone/iTouch.

~BlackOctober

mimerneos

Gold: 16797
Flags: 4

Re: Future Ages, and what we're likely to see.

Post by mimerneos on Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:55 pm

DAng I knew the game was going to be awesome, but this is out of this world!

Ivanfrost

Gold: 141301
Flags: 4

Post by Ivanfrost on Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:13 pm

V. Nice thanks for sharing this with us!

ᎦㅐㅇོᎧ下ㄥㄚ

Gold: 525702
Flags: 114

Post by ᎦㅐㅇོᎧ下ㄥㄚ on Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:10 pm

Not to be offensive, but this wont be offensive :P

Anyway, these are sweet, but takes the fun graphics we all love out.

Looks to much like...like....runescape, which I got over (bored of)