as predicted the kd ark has ruined war in pk Return to General Discussion

sanchoesq
The Kingslayer

World: Legends
Gold: 31433
Flags: 2164

as predicted the kd ark has ruined war in pk

Post by sanchoesq on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:53 pm

kingdoms dont even bother to defend anymore. they just have an ally destroy their castle once they are attacked. pk will lose more players if there are no wars than it ever did or would have from people quitting because their kingdom was destroyed. i hope there is some kind of adjustment or i might as well go play hello kitty pet salon.

Dovak
The Grand Master Assassin

Gold: 178042
Flags: 1921

Re: as predicted the kd ark has ruined war in pk

Post by Dovak on Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:21 pm

It's the kingdom's choice to not let the attacking kingdom get any joy out of destroying a kingdom that others have worked hard for. If they are a warring kingdom and don't want to participate in war, that is a much easier option, and works with the mechanics of the ark. If you want a war, attack warring kingdoms, and attack people who actually enjoy fighting. Otherwise you may find that the kingdom you were attacking has moved on.

[D]boardwalk

Gold: 2460045
Flags: 3831

Post by [D]boardwalk on Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:28 pm

ssssniiifffff.... ahhhh! Sweet hyperbole! :P

Badges and looting aside, I think the real point of war lives in the same place as the overall dynamic of PK, that is: the battle for territory. It doesn't matter who takes down the castle; the attackers were effective in removing the kd from that part of the world (and presumably took over the area for themselves). Of course, this is a macro view of sorts, and doesn't necessarily coincide with the specific goals of the attackers (such as enjoying some good ol' pvp).

Could you elaborate a bit? Is it just that you think wars should last longer, or is there some other reason you have issue with the ark?

Sephorith

Gold: 8096584
Flags: 3657

Post by Sephorith on Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:01 pm

The ark alleviated a large portion of the penalty for losing a war. In the past, not only did you lose territory, you lost a lot of hard work and mats that went into kingdom structures. All of your members were made kingdomless. Now, it's a simple relocation, which in many cases benefits the 'losing' kingdom. Sure, they lose a percentage of their mats, but what they gain is leaps and bounds greater than what they 'earned' for losing before the arc.

On top of that, siege mechanics along with kingdom perks and monos and repairing towers make it next to impossible to take high level towers if the defenders can use at least half their brain. Most war kingdoms don't bother to put up war towers any more, even though war towers got a boost. Putting up war towers against a kingdom that is able to defend has no point. It will end in a giant stalemate every time. The cost to maintain that stalemate is large. And even if the kingdom can't/won't defend, they simply self destruct, force peace from the attacking kingdoms and move on. No matter how its looked at, war as we know it is gone.

I play this game for the pvp war aspects, as do many others. That aspect of this game has been choked off more and more.

So what now? .........Seph for Appleseed Hat!

..I..ت\♡/ت..I..™♨
The Demolitionist

Gold: 144438484
Flags: 3359

Post by ..I..ت\♡/ت..I..™♨ on Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:57 pm

I'll donate 500 berries for ur hat quest seph. Hit me up in game ツ

..I..ت\♡/ت..I..™♨
The Demolitionist

Gold: 144438484
Flags: 3359

Post by ..I..ت\♡/ت..I..™♨ on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:03 pm

Just goes to show, destroy enough kingdoms that were peaceful, and ur game gets taken away... Think more strategically next time?

I really think this highlights the need for a war shakeup though. I'm sure die hard warrers will finally agree there needs to be an end to "safe" island kingdoms...? Peaceful kingdoms will no longer play your game, time to take it to the warrers, Oh, yeah, aren't they all on indestructible island kingdoms.... Hmmm what's the best game mechanic ppl can think of to work around this?

[MSF]Micul

Gold: 225017
Flags: 905

Post by [MSF]Micul on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:34 pm

Toastina™♨ wrote:Just goes to show, destroy enough kingdoms that were peaceful, and ur game gets taken away... Think more strategically next time?

I really think this highlights the need for a war shakeup though. I'm sure die hard warrers will finally agree there needs to be an end to "safe" island kingdoms...? Peaceful kingdoms will no longer play your game, time to take it to the warrers, Oh, yeah, aren't they all on indestructible island kingdoms.... Hmmm what's the best game mechanic ppl can think of to work around this?

Ooh ooh I know! And its only been needed since before I started playing! :P

{~J¿E~}•KillingThemAll
The Territorial

Gold: 1550113
Flags: 439

Post by {~J¿E~}•KillingThemAll on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:39 pm

Bullies can't bully, want a tissue?

MrPiney
The Druid

Gold: 452152
Flags: 2334

Post by MrPiney on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:19 pm

{~J¿E~}•KillingThemAll wrote:Bullies can't bully, want a tissue?

I couldn't have said it any better.

Collie_Man

Gold: 365564
Flags: 3768

Post by Collie_Man on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:51 pm

Hey draco, you created this. If you like to war it would be wise to make sure there are people who want to fight you.
People know that if they beat draco on Thursday, they have to fight draco and hit on Friday. If they beat draco and hit on friday, then draco, hit, mgs, helltrain, hacking strippers, etc on Saturday. Should they survive Saturday, then you all will just be back as soon as the defenders get bored and leave.
You all aren't even attacking real war kds. You know where we all are, but you don't seem to want an actual challenge. I don't necessarily blame you, our last attacks on your main kds were horrible failures. Your last attack on one of our main kds was what, vatos? That took you all a month and all OUR allies. Goes to show the island fortress really is too strong.
Either way, this situation belongs to you. There is a big difference between frenemies and a mob of bullies with good credit. Maybe some day you (the group you, there are many awesome individuals on your side that I would not describe as such not under control of the herd mentality) will realize this.
I just hope you do before city wars are likewise nerfed.

Next