Back to PK
forum logo

Things I have learned as a noob: Tips for a new player in PK Return to General Discussion

[Hobos]Swimafreak
The Righteous Jury

World: Legends
Gold: 44471573
Flags: 10331

Re: Things I have learned as a noob: Tips for a new player in PK

Post by [Hobos]Swimafreak on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:39 pm

I'm explorer and frankly, I don't know what i would do without it. Explorers arent some weak skill, used right it is undoubtably the best skill there is for my play style, and it is also one of the best war skills. I mean just think about it. Sneaking behind enemy lines, harassing their sieges, and other cool stuff. Works best if your defending an island kd, you could wreck buoy trails making it an extreme hassle to bring back banish sieges. Every island kd needs an explorer. But lets be real, if its just for war it would be pretty useless. I make my loving off of pk by flagging and selling islands. 50 feathers to recenter is much quicker and cheaper. Many people just switch skill sets when they need to buoy or flag a long way to explorer since its cheaper and quicker, but I'm always explorer. I don't know what i would do without it.

Lastie

World: Horizons
Gold: 3976
Flags: 18

Post by Lastie on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:10 pm

Nice post ;)
I should have read that before.

»δ•η»нεαδιεss»нояsмεεsε™
The Liberator

Gold: 622214
Flags: 240

Post by »δ•η»нεαδιεss»нояsмεεsε™ on Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:09 am

{♡}๔ⓐ®₭♤(º•º)♤∈∪∫∪∋♤{♡} wrote: Thief, don't bight the bait. I went into it expecting that I'd steel 5k from just about everyone and be the richest guy in the game, turns out I couldn't kill but one guy, and it didn't even give me the ful 5k, just 500 gold. If you have Oiyoi, the leather armour bonus has lost it's value. There is the same chance of dodge with bare back, leather armour, and tunic. Seriously, Thief sucks for noobs. Plus, you have to upgrade 3 types of weapons, brass knuckles daggers and ranged weapons. I was once a Thief, only good thing was the stole treasure swag for the inside of my house that nobody but me sees.

Now I understand that you love ninja, same way for me about thief. Just wanna give another way to play thief.

3 weapons to upgrade? How bout 1, maybe 2? Range? Thief is a melee class, lets keep it that way. Invest in shield charge, kill a Troodonts and get his sheild. Quick slot it. Start shield charging.shield takes away dodge? Just hit that quick slot button again and unequip it as soon as you make contact with your enemy! And while we have the same dodge as bareback or a tunic, we have the better armour. We also get that speed bonus, and while we don't get a defense bonus on leather armour, a honed leather can fix that problem.
In my opinion thief is a good class for a noob, because daggers and shields are comman, and (correct me if I'm wrong) they now start with a leather armor.

Great guide btw, ill be sure to use it with mentees!

Incanto

Gold: 63061152
Flags: 10050

Post by Incanto on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:17 am

Little organization tip: I use spaces when I name my towers & shrines. Three for a tower, two for a shrine. Then they line up at the top of my estates. May seem neurotic, but helps when your estate list grows.

{~J¿E~}••Jason™••
The Pupil

Gold: 5757
Flags: 113

Post by {~J¿E~}••Jason™•• on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:33 pm

I suggest joining a kd ASAP to get a kd perk

•C†S•Dcat
The Avatar of Soth'Mortus

Gold: 6494470
Flags: 2168

Post by •C†S•Dcat on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:10 pm

One of the first things you should learn is feather management..use relocate and your estates to an advantage...any cities you help build you spend 0 feathers as well as your relocation spot. Your city ticket also allows you travel for 0 feathers...

If you need hundreds of mines for stone or iron hit me up..There's glitched areas that the Devs won't fix but I'll blow stuff up to get you a place...just make sure that you have your manor upgraded so you have a spare tower and pm me asking for a spot...you pick your continent :)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BnanpZcnmnI

{ฬ·ร}๔เгtү๔คภ™

Gold: 173829
Flags: 408

Post by {ฬ·ร}๔เгtү๔คภ™ on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:11 pm

»δ•η»мαsтεя»тнι僻мεεsε™ wrote:
{♡}๔ⓐ®₭♤(º•º)♤∈∪∫∪∋♤{♡} wrote: Thief, don't bight the bait. I went into it expecting that I'd steel 5k from just about everyone and be the richest guy in the game, turns out I couldn't kill but one guy, and it didn't even give me the ful 5k, just 500 gold. If you have Oiyoi, the leather armour bonus has lost it's value. There is the same chance of dodge with bare back, leather armour, and tunic. Seriously, Thief sucks for noobs. Plus, you have to upgrade 3 types of weapons, brass knuckles daggers and ranged weapons. I was once a Thief, only good thing was the stole treasure swag for the inside of my house that nobody but me sees.

Now I understand that you love ninja, same way for me about thief. Just wanna give another way to play thief.

3 weapons to upgrade? How bout 1, maybe 2? Range? Thief is a melee class, lets keep it that way. Invest in shield charge, kill a Troodonts and get his sheild. Quick slot it. Start shield charging.shield takes away dodge? Just hit that quick slot button again and unequip it as soon as you make contact with your enemy! And while we have the same dodge as bareback or a tunic, we have the better armour. We also get that speed bonus, and while we don't get a defense bonus on leather armour, a honed leather can fix that problem.
In my opinion thief is a good class for a noob, because daggers and shields are comman, and (correct me if I'm wrong) they now start with a leather armor.

Yeah... I hated thief... and Thief has only +10 speed more than Ninja. Yeah, I just wasn't using their right.

{ฬ·ร}๔เгtү๔คภ™

Post by {ฬ·ร}๔เгtү๔คภ™ on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:12 pm

»δ•η»мαsтεя»тнι僻мεεsε™ wrote:

Yeah... I hated thief... and Thief has only +10 speed more than Ninja. Yeah, I just wasn't using their right.

TijkoS
The Grand Master Explorer

Gold: 2126149
Flags: 6131

Post by TijkoS on Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:25 am

[Hobos]Swimafreak wrote:I'm explorer and frankly, I don't know what i would do without it. Explorers arent some weak skill, used right it is undoubtably the best skill there is for my play style, and it is also one of the best war skills. I mean just think about it. Sneaking behind enemy lines, harassing their sieges, and other cool stuff. Works best if your defending an island kd, you could wreck buoy trails making it an extreme hassle to bring back banish sieges. Every island kd needs an explorer. But lets be real, if its just for war it would be pretty useless. I make my loving off of pk by flagging and selling islands. 50 feathers to recenter is much quicker and cheaper. Many people just switch skill sets when they need to buoy or flag a long way to explorer since its cheaper and quicker, but I'm always explorer. I don't know what i would do without it.

I can nothing but agree with this. As a fellow explorer I simply like to flag and discover new land and islands.
And good thing on explorer is: My hunting space is nearly unlimited as i can reach rich fishinggrounds :D

{ฬ·ร}๔เгtү๔คภ™

Post by {ฬ·ร}๔เгtү๔คภ™ on Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:46 am

Now that I'm more experienced than when I posted that crap about thief, I'd like to say noobs should live by this rule:

(clears throat) STANGER DANGER!!!!!!!

PreviousNext