Back to PK
forum logo

Things I have learned as a noob: Tips for a new player in PK Return to General Discussion

SugarSweetStarr
The Drunk

World: Legends
Gold: 2363319
Flags: 5120

Re: Things I have learned as a noob: Tips for a new player in PK

Post by SugarSweetStarr on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:53 am

May I add that everybody, and not just noobs, discovering that their desired spot is already occupied (by flags or buildings belonging to active players) should respect the fact that somebody else got there first? If you ask nicely and offer to reimburse the player for the loss of their flag they can often be rather accomodating.

Also, it appears that noobs are not allowed to harden their own flags but they are allowed to take over abandoned flags, including hardened ones. Taking over abandoned hardened flags is cheaper than hardening flags yourself. This is important because hardened flags take much longer to burn than ordinary "soft" flags.

Great tips, Dizzy! :D

Kraygar
The Traveler

World: Horizons
Gold: 4990
Flags: 5085

Post by Kraygar on Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:57 am

Excellent post Karma!!! I can tell you posted on the EVE Forums by the form of your post ;)

Excellent post and if I was on your server I would offer up my assistance whenever possible.

♈♈TaShA♈♈
The Kingslayer

Gold: 1042351
Flags: 631

Post by ♈♈TaShA♈♈ on Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:12 pm

Main thing on the do not list as a noob. Never ever burn as the older player's may grace you with a warning but other's won't be so eager to forgive.
Also respect the older player's as you may need them for help in the future.
This game allow's you to choose what type of player you want to be good guy or bad guy and each choice has it's own set of consequences.

Also if you are fortunate enough to get into a kingdom always revoke all invite's before traveling to the kingdom you are in. you may do this by going to the inbox click the invite and chose more on the right hand side and revoke invite.

Never ever invite anyone to your manor, or kingdom.

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:57 am

And if you have invited a player, ensure you revoke it (or wait an hour) befor attacking his stuff. He is likely to reaccept the invite, and immediately kill you.

Druid 3, noobs 0

♈♈TaShA♈♈
The Kingslayer

Gold: 1042351
Flags: 631

Post by ♈♈TaShA♈♈ on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:37 pm

Lol or they can death tail you that's a whole other subject just as soon as they arrive be sure the first thing you do is revoke invite

βαçôŋSτℜîρs
The Phoenix

Gold: 401917
Flags: 90

Post by βαçôŋSτℜîρs on Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:26 pm

As a noob I always found that starting out with low level equipment made everything hard..u had a lacks of good hunting land and sometimes city or personal flags had no troll huts. The best advice is to make as many friends as you can and join a kd. I was leveling maybe once every two days of playing or so...but when I joined a kd, it went to 3-4 levels per day. Kds are a great place to find great friends and help each other.
Even.though my first kd was destroyed not long after I joined it, I would probably have quit I'd it weren't for the people there who helped me.
Even as much time has passed, most of the former members are inactive and I joined Colonial Marines (which is kd that actually destroyed my first one lol), I still think about how i have become the player I am because of my experience.
Kds are the lifeblood of pk, without them, the game would be boring and lifeless

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:55 am

Oh and if a player has green armour, it is not a good idea to attack them as even if they don't fight back (why bother he's only level5, and my armour is capped) that poison can kill you fast.

This happened at Commerce, two noobs deciding to become Trade Post killers. What was even more hilarious was they respawned and tried again! With the same result - got poisoned, died, dropped a backpack.

Druid 4, noobs 0

ELIMINATI

Gold: 252881
Flags: 657

Post by ELIMINATI on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:37 am

K'TILQR wrote:Oh and if a player has green armour, it is not a good idea to attack them as even if they don't fight back (why bother he's only level5, and my armour is capped) that poison can kill you fast.

This happened at Commerce, two noobs deciding to become Trade Post killers. What was even more hilarious was they respawned and tried again! With the same result - got poisoned, died, dropped a backpack.

Druid 4, noobs 0

-looks up-

-dies-

USGrant
The Ironworker

Gold: 168910
Flags: 116

Post by USGrant on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:36 am

This is going to really help me, thank you!!

{ฬ·ร}๔เгtү๔คภ™

Gold: 173829
Flags: 408

Post by {ฬ·ร}๔เгtү๔คภ™ on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:05 am

Rember all that stuff I posted about the classes? I don't...
Last edited by {ฬ·ร}๔เгtү๔คภ™ on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext