forum logo

Highest single hit damage that you've received Return to General Discussion

PossumMutiny

World: Legends
Gold: 41429
Flags: 84

Highest single hit damage that you've received

Post by PossumMutiny on Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:20 pm

What is the highest single hit damage that you have received? I was playing last night, and a troll hit me for 75 HP just before he died. I had armor on and he left an axe at +0 afterwords. Normally the highest damage that I see is out of a dragon or a dusk tree for close to, but under 30 damage.

StevenTheMagnificent

Gold: 6491

Re: Highest single hit damage that you've received

Post by StevenTheMagnificent on Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:42 pm

Yeah I just got nailed by a troll like that went from 100 health to 16 health with one attack. There were four of them so i couldn't tell how much each one was hitting for. Then with one left and me at over 50 health i died at with one shot, again I didn't see the number though, so I can't tell you how much it was but much more than should be possible.

urDtrain

Gold: 1053541
Flags: 15371

Post by urDtrain on Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:49 am

All I've seen was 27-30ish, mostly from trees. But the times I've died in a mob, when you barely have time to look for a berry, let alone eat it, it's ard to say.

RamsesIICP
The Invincible Phalanx

Gold: 278302
Flags: 3106

Post by RamsesIICP on Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:16 pm

I think a crawler popped me for about 35 the other day; when he died he dropped two weapons. I halfway wondered if he wasn't using them both or something. Trolls generally do minimal damage to me, haven't had any trouble taking them 4-5 at a time. Last time I died was to a cluster of snakes who were hiding a dragon. I had just loaded the screen, rolled up on the nearest group and smacked the first thing I clicked on, which turned out to be the dragon. Then the snake guys piled on so I died while I was opening my inventory.

Stratmancj

Gold: 14826

Post by Stratmancj on Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:33 am

i got killed with 79hp by a pack of wolves

urDtrain

Gold: 1053541
Flags: 15371

Post by urDtrain on Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:55 pm

@RamsesIICP - a Crawler that dropped weapons??? never seen that, but i did observe that their gold seems to have gone up, and doesn't take one swing / one move to kill them anymore.... Anyway still never had better than a 27+ hit on me, but I now usually do not do without a defense of some kind - it sucks to be in a mob when you '15 uses left' shield and your '12 uses left' sword both fail within the same round of 5 attacks from a group of stags...

I used to 'use up' my broken down armor/weapon (I still do against lone opponents when I have a retreat path; especially to a Mourning Tree), but now when entering into a new area and/or melee attack on a group, I always choose a 100+ item in each category.

BTW, anyone know why you can't wear the armor and shield at the same time? (other than it's easier to program them both as simply 'defense') For that matter, you should be able to wield two daggers at once, etc....

RamsesIICP
The Invincible Phalanx

Post by RamsesIICP on Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:26 am

Yeah, he definitely dropped some weapons. I was surprised too, but he was already damaged when I got to him as well. It was one of those things where you load onto a map and it's obvious someone was there recently because there's damaged critters around and useless stuff on the ground. My armor had just worn out against some trolls so I bounced up to an M tree that was near the crawler. I clicked too quickly though and wasn't in tree range, but I was in the crawler's range. He smacked me while I was putting on armor, but I had plenty of time to eat a berry and finish him off.

The strangest thing is, usually crawlers don't hit for anything, but as soon as I arrived up there with him that big number floated up off me.

Findor

Post by Findor on Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:32 am

RamsesIICP wrote:I think a crawler popped me for about 35 the other day; when he died he dropped two weapons. I halfway wondered if he wasn't using them both or something. Trolls generally do minimal damage to me, haven't had any trouble taking them 4-5 at a time. Last time I died was to a cluster of snakes who were hiding a dragon. I had just loaded the screen, rolled up on the nearest group and smacked the first thing I clicked on, which turned out to be the dragon. Then the snake guys piled on so I died while I was opening my inventory.

Snakes?? I've never seen a snake in the game.

Merytrin

Gold: 5385
Flags: 5

Post by Merytrin on Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:27 am

possibly referring to troodonts?

RamsesIICP
The Invincible Phalanx