forum logo

Food Sink Return to Suggestions

{ฬ·ร}๔เгtү๔คภ™

World: Legends
Gold: 173829
Flags: 408

Food Sink

Post by {ฬ·ร}๔เгtү๔คภ™ on Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:54 pm

Hello. I have two ideas that aren't new but are needed now probably more than ever. I sent this to Caleb and he actually responded. Have hope, my children!

My ideas are

1) Have a sale on food so inflation will go down. To make any impact you
might want to consider giving ×2 as much food during that period; and

2) Have something, a new building or a new level cap or something, for
players to spend their food on. And a new dungeon with more skills to go along with completing it. Maybe a dungeon that a group could do in the sky?

Please post your feedback!

Løst○Viking
The Keeper of Order

Gold: 5762666
Flags: 2183

Re: Food Sink

Post by Løst○Viking on Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:43 am

A food sink, i.e. new level cap, will cause more food to be spend and drive the price up further

Texaspete
The Gold Hoarder

Gold: 180220155
Flags: 12673

Post by Texaspete on Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:07 am

Løst○Viking wrote:A food sink, i.e. new level cap, will cause more food to be spend and drive the price up further

Exactly, the title to this thread is misleading. A "gold sink" is required. Discounted food will work, however, it doesn't help Perblue on the revenue side of the equation unless food sales significant increase.

The amount of gold in game has increased fairly significantly with Legendary monsters, Sky hunting, Seeker chasing, and the twisted prison. Couple these with things such as the Arti perk, Goldsmith lantern, and merchant potions, gold has never been easier to come by. I understand no one is a fan of anything being nerfed, let alone gold...again, but without a nerf the only option left is to provide a new avenue of investment. +27 gear helped a bit as did cannon upgrades, but as these capped items are becoming more commonplace, the gold is piling up. This surplus of in game gold quickly drives up prices across the board thus devaluing the currency.

We are about to experience the Halloween event (hopefully :) ) which will lead to a temporary deflation as the market will be flooded with materials, plat, and food. Perhaps gold can be eliminated from this years event, and food boosted a bit. Won't make for a long impact, but it might help. Additional Swag, purchasable for gold, helps the economy for a while, but again doesn't drive revenue for Perblue in the long term.

{ฬ·ร}๔เгtү๔คภ™

Gold: 173829
Flags: 408

Post by {ฬ·ร}๔เгtү๔คภ™ on Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:02 pm

Well said and brilliant Pete. Probably a bad idea but a cap of +28 with 27-28 upgrades total 10 million might be a good gold sink? I know increasing overall upgrade for every level would be horrible for noobs. Also doing another Sky Cartography update thing where the devs sold gear and decos for gold would create a large gold sink. It also made that gear expensive to buy. The gold mask, ugliest thing the devs ever made imo sells for 1m in tp. Gold gear sells for minimum one million; however, gear and decos sold for food is pretty cheap.

I hate to say it because it's my main income of gold, but lair trains are easy $$$. Sir_Dennis leads 10 or 11 trains daily on weekdays. Thats 5m gold in a week I've never seen such easy gold in pk besides sky and silkies. But not many people do it. Usually 7. Now that I think about it, that's 35m gold a week being created. I started doing lairs with Dennis in April. Using the guestimets above, that's 700,000,000 gold. I'd say that contributed to some inflation. And that's only when I started. Dennis has done 1,500 lairs. 1,050,000,000 gold. That's a lot of 0's. ;) 1b is a not of gold. Maybe a nerf is needed?