Back to PK
forum logo

something needs to be done to stop the self destruct mode Return to Suggestions


Nim.
The Phoenix
 
World: Legends
Gold: 468606
Flags: 2217
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:07 pm

Re: something needs to be done to stop the self destruct mode

Post by Nim. on Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:07 pm

Quite frankly, I'm getting tired of the pansypants whining constantly about others actions. Attacking and destroying (sometimes repeatedly) a kingdom gets old for a lot of defenders (there some hardcore one that truly love it). So basically, apocalypse wants to have the Devs change game mechanics so his form of gameplay is more enjoyable to him and less enjoyable to others. I find it pretty funny that it gets under his skin sooooooooooooooooo much that people sd. Also, sd has been going on long, long, long before current ark mechanics. It's not a game mechanic that needs to be changed for you, it's a basic human reaction. Fight or flight.


λρσςαζурsε
The Smoke and Fire
 
World: Legends
Gold: 36229317
Flags: 995
Posts: 226
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:26 am

Re: something needs to be done to stop the self destruct mode

Post by λρσςαζурsε on Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:17 pm

Nim. wrote:Quite frankly, I'm getting tired of the pansypants whining constantly about others actions. Attacking and destroying (sometimes repeatedly) a kingdom gets old for a lot of defenders (there some hardcore one that truly love it). So basically, apocalypse wants to have the Devs change game mechanics so his form of gameplay is more enjoyable to him and less enjoyable to others. I find it pretty funny that it gets under his skin sooooooooooooooooo much that people sd. Also, sd has been going on long, long, long before current ark mechanics. It's not a game mechanic that needs to be changed for you, it's a basic human reaction. Fight or flight.



We never attack a kingdom that doesn't fight us elsewhere. Its not how we play. However any kingdom that gets attacked by anyone, should have to stay and fight it out. Or let their kd be ate away by siege. The option to drop your own towers and quit should not be an option. Did America crumble when Japan bombed pearl harbor? No! We banded together and took the fight to them. It shows how cowardly people are now. In all reality this is a war game. Its a battle over territory. If you build a kingdom that kingdom is there for your defense. If anyone attacks you should defend it. Not be a pansy and run with your tail between your legs. Self destruct has ruined wars for over a year and was brought on by the ark. Kingdoms just destroy themselves now relocate and continue fighting. Its pathetic.


Nim.
The Phoenix
 
World: Legends
Gold: 468606
Flags: 2217
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:07 pm

Re: something needs to be done to stop the self destruct mode

Post by Nim. on Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:21 pm

Self destruct was NOT brought on by arks. And self preservation is not cowardly. And this is NOT a war game. This is a game that happens to have the possibility of wars. This game would function, (and in most cases function better) without war ever happening.


T-Rexy
The Liberator
 
World: Legends
Gold: 8801861
Flags: 1066
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:13 am

Re: something needs to be done to stop the self destruct mode

Post by T-Rexy on Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:33 pm

Kingdom arks and self-destruction are here to stay, so it's pointless to incessantly complain about it. The only updates this game will see, at least through the end of this calendar year, are swag and event updates.


{ฬ·ร}๔เгtү๔คภ™
 
World: Legends
Gold: 173829
Flags: 408
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:02 pm

Re: something needs to be done to stop the self destruct mode

Post by {ฬ·ร}๔เгtү๔คภ™ on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:11 pm

Nim. I listened to your response during the cressendo of the Free Bird solo, and all I can say is DAMN that was a good point when read with the solo.


[Hobos]Kawigi
The Pioneer of the World
 
World: Legends
Gold: 32530050
Flags: 10268
Posts: 1560
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:22 am

Re: something needs to be done to stop the self destruct mode

Post by [Hobos]Kawigi on Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:01 pm

[ШrДith]нуѕтєяια wrote:Nim. I listened to your response during the cressendo of the Free Bird solo, and all I can say is DAMN that was a good point when read with the solo.


Reading it while listening to Edwin Starr's "War" has a similar effect.


Nim.
The Phoenix
 
World: Legends
Gold: 468606
Flags: 2217
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:07 pm

Re: something needs to be done to stop the self destruct mode

Post by Nim. on Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:49 pm

Lol, you're welcome.


λρσςαζурsε
The Smoke and Fire
 
World: Legends
Gold: 36229317
Flags: 995
Posts: 226
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:26 am

Re: something needs to be done to stop the self destruct mode

Post by λρσςαζурsε on Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:03 am

Good point nothing, shes still hurting cause she was rumble. A war kingdom that self destructed 3, maybe 4 times. If you dont like the consequences of being attacked, dont join a war kingdom.


[Hobos]Kawigi
The Pioneer of the World
 
World: Legends
Gold: 32530050
Flags: 10268
Posts: 1560
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:22 am

Re: something needs to be done to stop the self destruct mode

Post by [Hobos]Kawigi on Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:08 am

λρσςαζурsε wrote:Good point nothing, shes still hurting cause she was rumble. A war kingdom that self destructed 3, maybe 4 times. If you dont like the consequences of being attacked, dont join a war kingdom.


You weren't listening to a 5-minute guitar solo when you read it, were you?


λρσςαζурsε
The Smoke and Fire
 
World: Legends
Gold: 36229317
Flags: 995
Posts: 226
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:26 am

Re: something needs to be done to stop the self destruct mode

Post by λρσςαζурsε on Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:05 am

No. Wasnt listening. All I see was someone who wanted to attack other kingdoms/cities but wants to run away when the shoe is on the other foot

Ive personally had 3 kingdoms destroyed. Its not fun but its a fact of life on pk. Even project mayhem, a 25k influence/1500 flag kd. Not once would I have considered a self destruct.

Im not mad at the ark. It protects a large investment in a kingdom(crystal/ref oil/and the biggest investment of all a kingdom ship). The problem is people being cowards and destroying themselves before the attackers can do it.

PreviousNext

Who is Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered players and 1 guest

cron