something needs to be done to stop the self destruct mode Return to Suggestions

~tim~
The Gemstone Soldier

World: Legends
Gold: 260331
Flags: 6381

Re: something needs to be done to stop the self destruct mode

Post by ~tim~ on Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:15 am

The ability to self destruct was always there. The ark just let's you get some of your stuff back. Hardly comforting to people who have poured thousands of hours into their kd.

λρσςαζурsε
The Smoke and Fire

Gold: 36229317
Flags: 995

Post by λρσςαζурsε on Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:55 pm

[Hobos]Kawigi wrote:
λρσςαζурsε wrote:This is absurd. The ark was the first major knives into the back of this game. It needs to have a look taken and adjust the workings of it, but it's probably too late to stop the players that use the ark as their only line of defense from being cowards for the rest of their lives. Its ingrained a since of running away into their heads.

I know my opinions go fairly far the other direction, but I think that war was the first major knife into the back of this game. Conceding that war is actually fun for some people and a primary reason to play for some people, perhaps war kingdoms can be a "grounds of pride for the members" and peaceful kingdoms can be a social structure that promotes support and cooperation between members. Inconveniently, these social structures were destructible, and therefore, some inevitably got attacked.

If you think I'm wrong, go ahead and say so, but the ark came as a result of a certain alliance serially attacking large, primarily-social kingdoms. I'm not sure they're even used by peaceful kingdoms, to be honest, but if people will give NoEqual credit for making trade hubs invincible, then they should give equal credit to dook and MasterRabbit for introducing the Ark. (I'm not even sure that dook was very much involved with instigating the attack on Edge of Time, but he was the one who kept replying on the forums, attempting to justify the attack when MasterRabbit spoke out against it.)

Join a kingdom and take over the world with friends. This is a war game. There are many other ways to play, but at its heart its all about war. The fact that major war kingdoms are able to opt out of being destroyed by an attacker is pathetic.

Yes self destructing had happened before the ark, even then it was a cowards way out, that was just done to prevent conquest points.

The ark was created to protect the investment into the airships. A capped airship is a couple hundred dollars in food. I get that. But a kingdom thats being attacked should not be able to say all of the sudden dont wanna fight and destroy themselves, and keep any part of the brick invested. Its crazy the amount of cowardice thats involved in this process.

The second any kingdom building is damaged in any way whatsoever it should start a timer that no tower can be downgaded so all the time and efforts ny the attackers are not put to waste.

If defenders dont want to fight they can do what ever they please elsewhere. Just because their kingdom is being attacked they don't have to be there.

Indy™
探索者宗师

Gold: 142776877
Flags: 2363

Post by Indy™ on Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:48 pm

λρσςαζурsε wrote:Join a kingdom and take over the world with friends. This is a war game.

Five daily tends will grow a saplings into a tree. This is a farming game. :D

λρσςαζурsε wrote:There are many other ways to play, but at its heart its all about war.

War didn't even exist until Age 4. What the hell do you think we were doing during the first three ages???

War is at the heart of YOUR game - but it's not at the heart of everyone's game. Nor is it what PK was designed around. PK was originally envisioned as a territory game. During the designing stage, The Ark was intended to help those who still wanted to play the building aspect of kingdoms - not just to protect airships.

None of the so called "war kingdoms" actually builds and successfully defend large influence kingdom. If you are so tough, why don't you give it a shot? After all, you can build an Ark - what do you have to lose?

{SFM}Pantyteamaster
The Master Explorer

Gold: 3790463
Flags: 8403

Post by {SFM}Pantyteamaster on Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:04 pm

So what if people don't play the way you want they're cowards? Get over it

[Hobos]Kawigi
The Pioneer of the World

Gold: 32530050
Flags: 10268

Post by [Hobos]Kawigi on Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:57 pm

λρσςαζурsε wrote:Join a kingdom and take over the world with friends. This is a war game.

The funny thing about that "argument" is that, while I feel like I've read it before, I can't find it anywhere at the moment, and you didn't cite it. In searching, I jotted down the marketing taglines from the rotating image on the pk homepage:
Join The Epic Adventure - 40 Levels and over 100 Skills to unlock!
Play Anywhere! Parallel kingdom is available to play on iPod, iPhone, iPad and all Android devices.
Play for free!
Make your fortune in the player-driven economy
Over 1,000,000 players worldwide. Create your free account today.
It's your world. Claim it.

Then I did the same on the description and "screenshots" on the Play store:
Slay epic monsters in dark dungeons or battle the dragons lurking right in your own backyard! This location-based MMORPG brings the epic fantasy to life wherever you are.
All this and more in the palm of your hand! Enter Parallel Kingdom's multiplayer world and join over a million players in the ultimate mobile, role-playing game.
LEAD, CONQUER, CLAIM
Exciting challenges await you. Usher in a new age of peace and prosperity, or forge a war machine capable of raiding the world’s greatest cities! Take your rightful place at the throne and rule your Kingdom any way you see fit…
8 vast dungeons. - xplore with friends
Large Kingdom Wars - Show your Might
Shape the world - Fortify your land
Player-driven economy - 250+ tradable commodities
PvP Ranking - 14 Unique classes
Fly your ship - Soar the skies

And the same on iTunes:
You've just discovered the most innovative location-based MMO games available anywhere! PK uses your location to put you into the game world in your real life city.
Over 2 million players
Award winning location-based MMORPG
Conquer the sky in the newest age
Control a kingdom from the palm of your hand
Trade and barter for magical items

Yes, kd war and other forms of PvP are mentioned, and so they should be, since war a big part of the game. But so are many other aspects of the game, pointing to the real heart of the game being variety - a huge world molded by the players into what they want it to be. There are dozens of ways to play the game, and several of them could be called its "heart" or "what the game is all about" by some people. If the game is all about war, then I arguably haven't started playing the game yet, and (as Indy pointed out) no one started playing the game until age 4. I would propose that the actual heart of the game is that variety.

Of course, this isn't what the main conversation is about in this thread, so getting back to the Ark, here's what's unique about war, as opposed to the other ways of playing PK: It's the only play style where you can force other players to change how they play. I mean, I guess they could just not fight and let you take whatever it is you're attacking, but they can't reliably opt out without losing something. You can opt out of trading to avoid being scammed, scammers can't force you to play their game like attackers can. And for players who don't want to war, spending a week or three in a war is hell. The Ark was introduced to give peaceful kingdoms a chance to not lose as much from war, and since there's no way to limit a feature to peaceful kingdoms, the war kingdoms get it, too. And they probably use it more, too. I wish I could realistically say "New rule: No Ark for war kingdoms", but it won't happen.

I hope it's clear that I don't disagree with your main sentiment, which is that legitimate wars with war kingdoms should actually be a real contest.

{Lègîóñ}ÐREλÐ屮♣屮
The Undead

Gold: 166313203
Flags: 1908

Post by {Lègîóñ}ÐREλÐ屮♣屮 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:17 pm

He cries alot. Who cares if a kingdom self destructs. Every war kd has done it for their own reasons. Its not up to you to dictate the terms that others choose to play :) thats the real joy of pk options are limited to how you want to play

λρσςαζурsε
The Smoke and Fire

Gold: 36229317
Flags: 995

Post by λρσςαζурsε on Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:29 pm

Funny how immediately sfm starts to message me complaining about someone self destructing. When all they could do here is say im whining. Thank you raico for finally admitting im correct in your own way. Please do comment here to say how dissapointing it was that you didnt get to go threw the towers and hit the castle. Balls in your court (if you actually have em left).

кαяusο★'eн

World: Horizons

Post by кαяusο★'eн on Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:32 am

Hi Forumspeople,
I would like to add ViolentHonoris to the list.

My Question for Apocalypse: Why did your biggest Ally Draco Insula Help them to SelfDestruct? They Used Even SkyIslands cuz siege probably wasn't shooting in Lag. I mean u are here complaining over a year now only in this Post and now it happens on the side you stand for too. How do you feel about that?

Greetz
Karuso

{SFM}Pantyteamaster
The Master Explorer

Gold: 3790463
Flags: 8403

Post by {SFM}Pantyteamaster on Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:35 am

Where is your crying about it now Apocolypse or should I say apackoflips from the way you bump your gums all the time about this ridiculous thread

[Hobos]Kawigi
The Pioneer of the World

Gold: 32530050
Flags: 10268

Post by [Hobos]Kawigi on Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:51 am

λρσςαζурsε wrote:Balls in your court (if you actually have em left).

That combination of idioms makes me oddly uncomfortable.

PreviousNext