forum logo

A whole new world Return to Suggestions

Ξ☆Sunrise☆Ξ

World: Legends
Gold: 90009
Flags: 91

A whole new world

Post by Ξ☆Sunrise☆Ξ on Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:50 pm

So the good ship pk is dead in the water. Some may choose to go down with it, many have already boarded the lifeboats and abandoned ship. Others may even choose to swim to shore in the hope of a glimmering light on the horizon but will likely not make it before the lights go out on our parallel world.

My suggestion.. Parallelparallelkingdom, PK pt 2, call it what you will.

Pk2 would have global trading, accessible via every trade post in every city.
Cities themselves would have mat stores, city resource mines - for the procurement of materials required for the construction of city buildings. Players could add their golems to the workforce towards a greater, collective goal. Cities would be able to manufacture portals, gateways to the underworld where great rewards could be found (in other words, they could create their own dungeons, of various types, dependent on the resources that the city mines).
Similarly, kingdoms would also have resource mines and be able to create their own portals to bigger and better dungeons. Other resources would be required for creating kingdom walls and armaments for defence.
Kingdoms would actually require an active and greater balance of player types. With attack and defence rewards accrued by hunters, crafters, explorers and Druids. Kingdoms could trade these rewards with others or with cities for other necessary kingdom materials.
Wars would be fought by a number of different options, from gladiator 1v1 battles to set number capture the flag monolith events where your best war team is pitted against the best your opposition can muster. If all else fails then castle conquest would settle it.

In short, I believe cities have been massively underutilized in the current pk.. Kingdoms could be so much more.. And trading far less frail and open to abuse or control and much more inclusive of different play styles.

I for one, would much rather have an exciting outlook of a new pk than having to permanently look over my shoulder to see when the axe is about to fall.

{Lègîóñ}ÐREλÐ屮♣屮
The Undead

Gold: 166313203
Flags: 1908

Re: A whole new world

Post by {Lègîóñ}ÐREλÐ屮♣屮 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:37 pm

Nice idea. I have mixed feelings on the state of pk not sure if id be willing to start over if I couldnt transfer my swag id probably sink with the ship grasping my last pixel lol

drewp

Gold: 4388
Flags: 7750

Post by drewp on Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:55 am

Ditto. Spent much too much time and money (game and real) to just pick up and move on. An end to pk would be the final nail in my mmorpg coffin.

R.I.P.
Suggestion forum
3/10/14

Ξ☆Sunrise☆Ξ

Post by Ξ☆Sunrise☆Ξ on Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:25 am

In the event of pk closing. We'll all have to start over somewhere. This would be a new game, just as any other would be. You might even get to claim that flag spot you've always wanted.

[Hobos]Kaoto

Gold: 1167209
Flags: 13438

Post by [Hobos]Kaoto on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:39 pm

The SS PK has not been put in dry dock yet...barnicles are still getting scraped, some new paint here and there. Just don't expect the diesel engines to get replaced.

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:09 pm

Who needs an engine? We can row can't we?

|L|Pacers
The Grand Master Explorer

Gold: 8023307
Flags: 6234

Post by |L|Pacers on Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:58 pm

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) wrote:Who needs an engine? We can row can't we?

You can row. I'll be eating grapes and getting fanned :D

Ξ☆Sunrise☆Ξ

Post by Ξ☆Sunrise☆Ξ on Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:50 pm

[Hobos]Kaoto wrote:The SS PK has not been put in dry dock yet...barnicles are still getting scraped, some new paint here and there. Just don't expect the diesel engines to get replaced.

New paint? Events are not updates and neither are swag releases. The boat is the same and has been for a while. From what I am hearing from kingdom members certain aspects of the boat are ceasing up. Like broken moderator exams (although one kingdom friend who has had a stuck mod exam for months, despite tickets being placed, was able to do an exam yesterday and ended up with a mod exam score of 140% - so only kinda fixed, or just more broken).

If the barnacles are being scraped I'm sure, in the current uncertain climate, the devs would being telling us. There have been no 'updates' regarding bug fixes for a looooong time, never mind new content.

So, if anything, the SS PK has been put into dry dock. Kind of left to rot and not going anywhere.