Map Error: Arctic Circle Return to Suggestions

•мαcca-тнα-ѕℓαccα•
The Territorial

World: Legends
Gold: 84372899
Flags: 2965

Map Error: Arctic Circle

Post by •мαcca-тнα-ѕℓαccα• on Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:19 pm

I recently was trading in Islands, and I bought an Island for a sizeable amount of gold, I am IOS so I saw nothing wrong with the Island. When I was selling this Island, I was told by a couple android users, that they could not move around and that the Island was glitched. As any person would, I contacted technical support, and was given a response that was annoying, it was that this was a google map problem and that Per Blue as a company contacted Google, to see if good could resolve the problem, but google responded refusing to fix the problem with the google mapping in the arctic circle, then I emailed the technical support back requesting that this portion of the map should be removed. the technical support agent whose name was Ethan, responded telling me my response was interesting and that I should post my problem on the suggestion section of the PK forum and gave me the link, so I am here writing this hoping Per Blue will take this suggestion one of many hundreds into consideration and I only hope that they listen to me.

Many thanks
↯ҭ๏ฬ↭๓คςςคgยψ↯

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Re: Map Error: Arctic Circle

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:47 pm

I have a substantial amount of materials invested in arctic islands in the "iOS only" zone. My manor, my vac house and an untold number of flags, including two totally flagged islands, with mines, map markers, shrines, guard towers and buoys. I do not want to lose this area.

This area is good on Apple maps and google maps, but has always been a problem with droid users.

If the devs decide to remove this area from the game, it will also affect a lot of iOS players in Antartica who have flags in the far south.

I enjoy the quiet peaceful hunting this area affords me - I did however manage to walk my dog so far north that it was off the game map altogether. I managed to build a shrine there using my droid, but my iPad just showed a map like the max zoomed out compass map without any estate markers & i couldn't even see my avi. I'm on iOS7 (Apple Maps) but a friend on iOS 5 (Google Maps) says he could just see his Avis feet at the top of his map, lol.

Oh and I bought a 12 flag island here for over 8 million gold. They are in demand with war kingdoms due to the difficulty this "glitch" causes with attacking them.

[Hobos]Kawigi
The Pioneer of the World

Gold: 32530050
Flags: 10268

Post by [Hobos]Kawigi on Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:35 pm

To echo what K'Tilqr said, I'm surprised you'd ask tech support to take away something so unique :-) Yes, it cuts your potential market down considerably if you want to sell it, but you could also keep it and be untouchable by android players, or sell it to an iOS player who cares about that sort of thing.

Ξ☆Sunrise☆Ξ

Gold: 90009
Flags: 91

Post by Ξ☆Sunrise☆Ξ on Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:07 pm

Precisely why the area should be removed. Not that it ever will be before pk goes poof!

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:14 am

It's really too late now, it should have been sorted out when both clients were started. Apple players have had the ability to use this area for too long to remove it now. There are kingdoms I am sure in this area, on top of normal flags. Think of the time and effort players have invested in reaching these areas, often long before whirlpools existed.

I know getting to my first arctic island took me days and 1750 buoys. From there, I have gradually spread until I got to my manor island. I was told (but have no evidence) that there was once a kingdom here. All I know is I have now developed the whole island into my own private hunting territory.

I don't know for what device pk was originally intended - but iPhone was created before the smart phone and pk has been available in both formats for years. Yes it's unfair, but the amount of support us Apple players get as far as playing pk goes is a lot worse than that given to the droid players. Apple maps is not as good as google maps, on my iPad2 I get constant force close, lose the circle, lag and at times war has been impossible as the action menu you get would take so long to appear after you tapped on something you would be dead before you could do anything. Let us at least have a "low usage" area we can hunt in so that server lag is not as bad.

Ξ☆Sunrise☆Ξ

Gold: 90009
Flags: 91

Post by Ξ☆Sunrise☆Ξ on Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:13 am

As you say, too late now. It's just another in a long line of 'glitches' or 'perks' that some players can benefit from and others cannot. Haliburton hat with unlimited golems anyone? :o

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:57 am

There is a steady market for these islands - I know from the price I paid for one. If it's isolated, and far enough away from any other user offer it to a known war kingdom lol.

[รīก]Ŧคllєก•คกgєl•JR.•1221
The War Hero

Gold: 1201077
Flags: 121

Post by [รīก]Ŧคllєก•คกgєl•JR.•1221 on Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:06 pm

Ξ☆Sunrise☆Ξ wrote:As you say, too late now. It's just another in a long line of 'glitches' or 'perks' that some players can benefit from and others cannot. Haliburton hat with unlimited golems anyone? :o

More and more of these are popping up all the time

limitnsqueakerz

Gold: 15154
Flags: 3162

Post by limitnsqueakerz on Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:08 pm

The area needs to stay. Go get a cheap iPod. And go to the area you can't access

[รīก]Ŧคllєก•คกgєl•JR.•1221
The War Hero

Gold: 1201077
Flags: 121

Post by [รīก]Ŧคllєก•คกgєl•JR.•1221 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:17 pm

limitnsqueakerz wrote:The area needs to stay. Go get a cheap iPod. And go to the area you can't access

Lolwut?

Next