forum logo

Flag build relic event Return to Suggestions

Ξ☆Sunrise☆Ξ

World: Legends
Gold: 90009
Flags: 91

Flag build relic event

Post by Ξ☆Sunrise☆Ξ on Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:36 am

The last relic event wasn't even open to all players, which I found very sad, as you had to be level 45 to take part.

I propose a flag build event, with relics awarded for each flag/buoy built and further relics awarded for each flag hardened perhaps. Still prohibitive to new players if they don't yet have the mats maybe but a large chunk of these players could be employed by their kingdoms to build border areas perhaps. Still much more 'solo' than having to run lair trains, etc.

The ring award - reduction in flag hardening time.

[ШгДith]悠悠悠悠

World: Horizons

Re: Flag build relic event

Post by [ШгДith]悠悠悠悠 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:43 am

So far the quickest hardening time (28s) provide an acceptable challenge for both builder and attacker in war. It takes less than 15s to fully burn down a soft flag, and about 13s for click-attack-click-burn in some extremely lag situation in war. In my experience, such time is just balanced when two sides are of equal skill and operation. If the time is reduced then it would favor those flag builders more. The flag need more time to burn down and the war would last longer. and there would be less exciting achievement or depressing moment in war.

harden flag for peaceful use should be with less urgent so we can do it here and there when hunt. That should not be a real problem. considering you get 25 hours of full protection from burning down, 28 second is really nothing.

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:38 am

Devs have said, time and time again, that they WILL NOT give anything that grants a further reduction to flag hardening time in addition to that provided by ordinary gloves. There will not be
Platinum gloves
Ring bonuses
Amulet bonuses
Potions
Golems
Anything
as the fight to plant a flag in the spot where one fell is one of the most challenging ("fun") aspects of war.

~{O'rion}~•★яαιcσ★•

Gold: 754583
Flags: 16568

Post by ~{O'rion}~•★яαιcσ★• on Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:49 am

Ξ☆Sunrise☆Ξ wrote:The last relic event wasn't even open to all players, which I found very sad, as you had to be level 45 to take part.

I propose a flag build event, with relics awarded for each flag/buoy built and further relics awarded for each flag hardened perhaps. Still prohibitive to new players if they don't yet have the mats maybe but a large chunk of these players could be employed by their kingdoms to build border areas perhaps. Still much more 'solo' than having to run lair trains, etc.

The ring award - reduction in flag hardening time.

Vila hat is a hat that consists in building. Why ahould there be an event about it if you can already win a hat?

{Lègîóñ}ÐREλÐ屮♣屮
The Undead

Gold: 166313203
Flags: 1908

Post by {Lègîóñ}ÐREλÐ屮♣屮 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:39 am

Nice idea. Relic events are fun and its good to include all levels.

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:25 am

Villa hat is based on flags and Popeyes on buoys. A relic event based on these could include both and we have had events based on hats before. It could also award a higher level of relics for hardening and decorating - these could be applied to pre-existing flags and buoys making the hardening and decorating of flags and buoys the main focus. Some flag decor can be crafted so they don't have to be bought for food, and everyone can join in.
As you can harden other peoples flags you wouldn't even have to build any lol

Ξ☆Sunrise☆Ξ

Post by Ξ☆Sunrise☆Ξ on Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:37 am

•★яαιcσ★• wrote:Vila hat is a hat that consists in building. Why ahould there be an event about it if you can already win a hat?

The last event was deerstalker, the dungeon relic event was clearly Indy, etc, etc

Interesting to note the first objection related to war. Again, how many pk'ers war compared to how many that do not. The majority of war players have low flag counts but the rest have to suffer the tedium of hardening flags because those with few flags like to burn them down (a two second task)

There are a number of instances where rules change in the vicinity of war, what with proximity to siege, etc. flag hardening could easily be such a thing.

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:03 pm

It's the devs who have said "No" to shortening hardening times, not just once but on numerous occassions. I agree it is tedious, I agree being able to shorten time taken would be nice. But I have just thought of an alternative.... A "hardening potion" that is applied with one tap, but takes time to work.... A flag to which the potion is applied becomes hardened after one hour - but you don't have to be there for longer than the time taken to apply the potion. This would reduce the tedium of hardening flags, but would leave the old method of using stone for when you need to harden a flag FAST (28 seconds is a lot faster than an hour). An example of this would be for shrining, or building a guard tower as well as for war. The potion should have a cost comparable to that of fast hardening - we already gain time, we aren't complaining about the cost of hardening after all. I suggest the potion costs 100 silk, 200 stone and 100 sap and is good for 100 flags.

Ξ☆Sunrise☆Ξ

Post by Ξ☆Sunrise☆Ξ on Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:56 pm

The devs also said no to global trading and hv is still the train wreck pk trading flagship it should never have been. But that's a whole different thread entirely :)

+1 to your suggestion kt, I likes it :D