Back to PK
forum logo

Suggestion Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting! Return to Suggestions

GoodAsGould
The Beta Knight

World: Legends
Gold: 12323
Flags: 118

Suggestion Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting!

Post by GoodAsGould on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:53 am

Seeing as we there are a lot of players who create repeated topics, I think we should have a sticked "Suggestion Guidelines" topic with the basic guidelines for the Suggestion Section.

So let's discuss what the basic guidelines are, and then see if we can get a Dev to make, lock, and sticky a post with the agreed guidelines?

-Before creating a new suggestion, please use the Search feature to see if it's been suggested before.
-No bumping before the topic has left the front page
-Discussions on topic
-Title of suggestion should be relevant

Agree, disagree?
What else you got?
Last edited by GoodAsGould on Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:45 am, edited 4 times in total.

TheIronTyler
The PerBlue Producer

Gold: 868248
Flags: 30

Re: Suggestion Rules

Post by TheIronTyler on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:25 am

I think those are all valid guidelines and I see no reason not to Sticky this thread and keep the discussion open. :)
Last edited by TheIronTyler on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Rephrased "rules" as "guidelines"

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:15 pm

I think there should be a separate folder for all "banking" threads. When spotted transfer them there. Have the folder stickied so it appears immediately under "suggestions" - that way we can all ignore them.

belivingtheword
The Fury

Gold: 8617479
Flags: 399

Post by belivingtheword on Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:26 am

When making a new thread, have an interim Page that loads before the new thread is posted? It would be like when you make a post as someone else makes a post, and you get the Page that says someone else posted as you were typing.

The interim Page for new threads would ask whether the subject line actually introduces the thread using descriptive key words, while simultaneously displaying search results as if someone searched for whatever ws typed in the subject line. The user would then have the option of navigating to another thread or tapping "yes, I am sure that I want to make a new thread"

Levinas™

Gold: 23485558
Flags: 471

Post by Levinas™ on Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:03 am

I don't agree with more rules. From my experience, the more rules there are, the more the tendency to see them applied inconsistently.

It has never bothered me that some players repost the same topics repeatedly, I just ignore the topic or add something to it that I find interesting. Bumping threads is something that many players have done (including myself and the OP) but it is usually self-limiting.

Bottomline: If you feel strongly about something, post. If you don't, ignore it.

GoodAsGould
The Beta Knight

Gold: 12323
Flags: 118

Post by GoodAsGould on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:57 am

īīīøø wrote:I don't agree with more rules. From my experience, the more rules there are, the more the tendency to see them applied inconsistently.

Maybe Guidelines is a better word. I don't mean to get players in trouble for doing things, just to give access to some... common courtesy(?) in terms of forum usage.

TheIronTyler
The PerBlue Producer

Gold: 868248
Flags: 30

Post by TheIronTyler on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:00 am

GoodAsGould wrote:Maybe Guidelines is a better word. I don't mean to get players in trouble for doing things, just to give access to some... common courtesy(?) in terms of forum usage.

Certainly more along the lines of what I was thinking. I've also edited my post up top for clarification.

Kitty™
The Beta Knight

Gold: 67856212
Flags: 31924

Re: Suggestion Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting!

Post by Kitty™ on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:08 pm

I game.ill search more often now :)thanks for the tip.

WordyLibrarian
The Sky Hunter

Gold: 351092
Flags: 1414

Post by WordyLibrarian on Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:30 am

This may not be the perfect place to suggest this, but it's definitely related. We have the stickied suggestions thread, but it's all together and, frankly, has gotten so long sifting through it isn't fun. Certain topics seem to pop up continuously, and many of them can be lumped together. Perhaps there could be a few stickied threads for things like ring suggestions, badge suggestions, and swag suggestions. Or subforums. Just a thought. Also, perhaps a thread of popular recurring suggestions that simply will not happen, with reasoning why from the developers. Everyone gets sick of banking threads. Lol

K1110n
The Territorial

Gold: 85089
Flags: 206

Post by K1110n on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:05 pm

Just something I think people should really think about before you post: "People don't know what they want they only want what they are frustrated with"-annonymous

Next