Back to PK
forum logo

Average Weekly Trade Prices Return to Trade Post


{↯┣V┫↯}ββℑ
The Handyman
 
World: Legends
Gold: 10633691
Flags: 4994
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:03 am

Re: Average Weekly Trade Prices

Post by {↯┣V┫↯}ββℑ on Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:56 am

Here's an idea, how about allowing us to trade food like we do EVERYTHING else. How does not being able to trade food inhance game play? Also, eliminate the TP Tax, where does it go anyway, I could understand if the tax went into the city coffers somehow but as far as I can tell the tax just disappears. I don't think the Devs ever expected this game to take off the way it has and the food/tax rules were intended to generate income. Loving the game, just not some of the quirky rules.


DefPolak
 
World: Legends
Gold: 218943
Flags: 829
Posts: 1437
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:18 am

Re: Average Weekly Trade Prices

Post by DefPolak on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:01 pm

BoyneBigJim wrote:Here's an idea, how about allowing us to trade food like we do EVERYTHING else. How does not being able to trade food inhance game play? Also, eliminate the TP Tax, where does it go anyway, I could understand if the tax went into the city coffers somehow but as far as I can tell the tax just disappears. I don't think the Devs ever expected this game to take off the way it has and the food/tax rules were intended to generate income. Loving the game, just not some of the quirky rules.


The TP tax is essential to take gold/food OUT of the game. If not there would be an overload of gold/food in the game and A- market prices would always continue to grow and B- food would not be purchased for RL money (which is essential for this game to continue)


{D.B}Artrus
 
World: Legends
Gold: 911300
Flags: 13002
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: Average Weekly Trade Prices

Post by {D.B}Artrus on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:50 pm

DefPolak wrote:
BoyneBigJim wrote:Here's an idea, how about allowing us to trade food like we do EVERYTHING else. How does not being able to trade food inhance game play? Also, eliminate the TP Tax, where does it go anyway, I could understand if the tax went into the city coffers somehow but as far as I can tell the tax just disappears. I don't think the Devs ever expected this game to take off the way it has and the food/tax rules were intended to generate income. Loving the game, just not some of the quirky rules.


The TP tax is essential to take gold/food OUT of the game. If not there would be an overload of gold/food in the game and A- market prices would always continue to grow and B- food would not be purchased for RL money (which is essential for this game to continue)


DefPolak is absolutely correct. :ugeek:


BlackLord
The Mentor
 
World: Legends
Gold: 783163
Flags: 5741
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:32 am

Re: Average Weekly Trade Prices

Post by BlackLord on Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:35 pm

I am of the opinion that they keep food a non droppable item because it makes it easier to keep track of that way.


✾βℓσσ∂Rσsε✾
The Dragon Slayer
 
World: Legends
Gold: 90124
Flags: 92
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:23 pm

Re: Average Weekly Trade Prices

Post by ✾βℓσσ∂Rσsε✾ on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:43 am

Very useful, but I think someone needs to help keep track of proved in trade chat since those are normally different. If you all wouldn't mind, I could make a thread for trade chat prices of the more common things and keep it up to date while adding more mats to it as I go. I've already started tracking the prices of a few things for myself, but I would like to help others keep track since there isn't always a response to price checks. I think it would go really well with the average trade post price chart. :)


[DG]Supersub
The Floater
 
World: Legends
Gold: 6970146
Flags: 14275
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: Average Weekly Trade Prices

Post by [DG]Supersub on Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:40 am

Ok y'all, I have some information you might like!

First, are you aware of this site? http://guide.parallelkingdom.com/index.php/Trade_Data_API
It updates roughly every day with data for every transaction that occurs in TP, in raw data form! It gives a far more accurate picture of what things sell for, and not the moving average of the past 7 days. It also has trade tent data if you're interested in that as well.

Second, I wrote software that mines this data and emails a trade report as often as it updates (again, almost daily).
If interested, you can subscribe to this mailing list at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/pktrader

I do some statistical analysis and discard outliers so my average daily prices are fairly accurate. I toss out transactions that cost <10 gold and <2 food and then I do an average +/- 2*sigma of the remaining data and throw out the outliers and then do an average again, and report that. I also report the volume traded for the day that was used in calculating the transaction. I report for both food and gold transactions separately.

To see how accurate my method is compared to the moving average, look at the price for food in gold. I reported 432 gold per food at the time of this post. The TP average when I wrote this was 259 gold per food. In Happy Valley, 1000 food was listed for 434,300 gold, or 434.3 gold per food. So at least in this case, I'm accurate to roughly 0.5%.

Currently I report about daily history for 1 week for around 120 common items, but I have been storing all the data and will try to find a way to make it accessible to the public so you can see just what that Grand Ring of whatever or piece of swag cost the last few times it was traded. I'm thinking about a web interface but I'm not sure yet. I'm still working on the items I report and I'm always trying to improve the report to be meaningful and relevant.

Happy Holidays!
-sub


**fиℓ**Mia♡Me
 
World: Legends
Gold: 102723431
Flags: 19096
Posts: 869
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:15 am

Re: Average Weekly Trade Prices

Post by **fиℓ**Mia♡Me on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:13 am

[DG]Supersub wrote:Ok y'all, I have some information you might like!

First, are you aware of this site? http://guide.parallelkingdom.com/index.php/Trade_Data_API
It updates roughly every day with data for every transaction that occurs in TP, in raw data form! I...
-sub


Im on MAC OS X 10.6. but cant figure which app i need to open the links on that page. :(


[DG]Supersub
The Floater
 
World: Legends
Gold: 6970146
Flags: 14275
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: Average Weekly Trade Prices

Post by [DG]Supersub on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:18 am

MS Excel will do it best, but it's just tab separated data in text format.

-sub


**fиℓ**Mia♡Me
 
World: Legends
Gold: 102723431
Flags: 19096
Posts: 869
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:15 am

Re: Average Weekly Trade Prices

Post by **fиℓ**Mia♡Me on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:31 am

[DG]Supersub wrote:MS Excel will do it best, but it's just tab separated data in text format.

-sub


THANKS. that worked!!!! =)


{↯┣V┫↯}FATAL[-_-]THUMBiNyourBUM
The Cave Dweller
 
World: Legends
Gold: 307
Flags: 11061
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:43 pm

Wtb better pk server to prevent lockouts

Post by {↯┣V┫↯}FATAL[-_-]THUMBiNyourBUM on Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:18 pm

Wtb a server that works to prevent lockouts at key times

Previous

Who is Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered players and 2 guests

cron