What Does The Guide Need? Return to Guide Discussion

Starwars6374
The Traveler

World: Legends
Gold: 22746
Flags: 28

Re: What Does The Guide Need?

Post by Starwars6374 on Thu May 12, 2011 7:37 pm

Troodant page is missing an item drop: Backpack.
Of course, anyone who looked up backpacks would know otherwise.

ADH

World: Horizons

Post by ADH on Fri May 13, 2011 8:36 am

Starwars6374 wrote:Troodant page is missing an item drop: Backpack.
Of course, anyone who looked up backpacks would know otherwise.

I'll fix this as soon as I regain access to the guide.

Awsum~
The Beta Knight

Gold: 34847
Flags: 148

Post by Awsum~ on Fri May 13, 2011 2:24 pm

It's been fixed.

Starwars6374
The Traveler

Gold: 22746
Flags: 28

Post by Starwars6374 on Fri May 13, 2011 9:02 pm

Found an error for buildings. Under Oil Well and Crystal hut it says raiding takes 20%, but I believe it is 50%.

ADH

World: Horizons

Post by ADH on Mon May 16, 2011 8:17 am

Starwars6374 wrote:Found an error for buildings. Under Oil Well and Crystal hut it says raiding takes 20%, but I believe it is 50%.

Fixed. Thanks

{D.B}Zurls
The Drunk

Gold: 222624
Flags: 31454

Post by {D.B}Zurls on Tue May 17, 2011 2:28 pm

In your race to belittle and be snarky you seem to have missed my point. Yes, thank you, I can see the Best Weapon Set listing. I was referring to those monster which do not have that, such as Orcs and Orc Shaman.

The better way to list the Tradable Items is alphabetically by item, since 99.999% of the folks using it are looking for... wait for it... an item. What a shock. I am so happy that you can sort and search and move data like a pro. My point was that you shouldn't have to.

And I love "The trade data is none of our business..."!?!? You mean the trade data that is put out in a list for us to refer to when trading? So it's none of our business to comment on how it is listed? Boy, you're a real pip. With replies like yours, it's no wonder folks shun comments.

There should be a sub-caption on this entry: What Does The Guide Need? (Please only supply suggestions that our cranky members will agree with)

Awsum~
The Beta Knight

Post by Awsum~ on Tue May 17, 2011 2:42 pm

Zurls wrote:In your race to belittle and be snarky you seem to have missed my point. Yes, thank you, I can see the Best Weapon Set listing. I was referring to those monster which do not have that, such as Orcs and Orc Shaman.

The better way to list the Tradable Items is alphabetically by item, since 99.999% of the folks using it are looking for... wait for it... an item. What a shock. I am so happy that you can sort and search and move data like a pro. My point was that you shouldn't have to.

And I love "The trade data is none of our business..."!?!? You mean the trade data that is put out in a list for us to refer to when trading? So it's none of our business to comment on how it is listed? Boy, you're a real pip. With replies like yours, it's no wonder folks shun comments.

There should be a sub-caption on this entry: What Does The Guide Need? (Please only supply suggestions that our cranky members will agree with)

Let me Clarify: We, guide editors, CANNOT edit the trading data. At the bottom of every guide page, there is an "edit" option. At the bottom of the trade data, that button DOES NOT EXIST. The trade data is AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED AND FORMATTED by PerBlue, based on data from the last 168 hours at the time of generation, I did state that we cannot edit it. It is not that we are not ALLOWED to, we don't EVEN HAVE A BUTTON TO DO SO. By none of "our business", I was referring to the "guide editors". The trade data is not part of our responsibilities.

As I stated earlier:
Awsum~ wrote:we cannot edit it

Please stop repeating this issue.

**EDIT** brick actually gave you a solution on the earlier page: tap "Item Name" and it automatically alphabetizes it.

Oraix
The Seeker

Gold: 587847228
Flags: 8206

Post by Oraix on Thu May 19, 2011 9:25 am

Didn't see this listed, but admit that at work I didn't read too thoroughly...but I think there should be a piece to the inspiration tonic that states when you die, it loses effectiveness.

Awsum~
The Beta Knight

Post by Awsum~ on Thu May 19, 2011 2:26 pm

Oraix wrote:Didn't see this listed, but admit that at work I didn't read too thoroughly...but I think there should be a piece to the inspiration tonic that states when you die, it loses effectiveness.

I'll add this in a bit. Just a note, that die rule applies to ALL boosts. Not just tonic.

Dr.Jeremy
The Beta Knight

Gold: 4219340
Flags: 1059

Post by Dr.Jeremy on Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:18 pm

The Guide needs to explain effective level correctly. It claims that the effective level is taken from each item type and gives the example of "Thus a player with a level 25 Breast Plate, level 25 Sword and level 0 Axe is considered to have an effective level of 17."
The devs have previously confirmed that the effective level is the average of your highest armour plus your highest weapon. So in the above example it takes your highest armour, +25 bp, and your highest weapon, +25 sword, giving you an effective level of 25, the +0 axe plays no role.

PreviousNext