Questions about mechanics of Dodge and some Rings Return to Guide Discussion

Lilbyrdie
The Mentor

World: Legends
Gold: 26983138
Flags: 11448

Re: Questions about some Rings' mechanics

Post by Lilbyrdie on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:35 pm

K'TILQR wrote:I can vouch that the dragon ring works on yanglong, but I haven't tried a spider ring on the queen spider, mainly because with my other rings I havent bothered.

In fact, it would be nice if the beast pages could list the "[ring] category" of a beast. A yanglong is a dragon with respect to rings? That's good; it should be. There should be 6-7 dragons in the category of "dragon" : regular dragon, pet dragon, ancient dragon, broodmother, lair dragon, yanglong, and Artimus. But does a dragon ring actually work on all 6-7?

Similarly, I think the only reason there's a ring for north american continental beasts is because of Orcs (not the shaman, and not considered continental, though they kind of are). But, it's not clear to me that the ring works on Orc shaman (I think it does) since there are no other continental beast rings...

Is yanglong a water monster, too, with respect to kingdom buffs/badges?

All would be nice information on the beast pages.

Drem

Gold: 20532
Flags: 7684

Re: Questions about some Rings' mechanics

Post by Drem on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:54 pm

Lilbyrdie wrote:In fact, it would be nice if the beast pages could list the "[ring] category" of a beast. A yanglong is a dragon with respect to rings? That's good; it should be. There should be 6-7 dragons in the category of "dragon" : regular dragon, pet dragon, ancient dragon, broodmother, lair dragon, yanglong, and Artimus. But does a dragon ring actually work on all 6-7?
Good thought, Lilbyrdie! That's definitely should be added to the Guide.
And you forgot 7th dragon - Beridan.

brick
The PerBlue Developer

Gold: 66075
Flags: 2

Re: Questions about mechanics of Dodge and some Rings

Post by brick on Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:51 am

Drem wrote:1) Does it really work for any Dodge chance (not only for OMA but for Specialization's Dodge like Druid & Thief have)?
2) And if answer is "YES", in case of Druid using OMA lvl.3, Tunic and Dodging Grand, does it mean that Druid will receive +5% bonus to each Dodge (OMA & Druidic feature) chances?
3) Some questions regarding Rings:
- does Spider Atk/Def Ring works against Spider Queen?
- does the Rings against Aquarians and Corrupt Ones also affects Dark Cultist and other Sunken City's inhabitants?
- does the Rings against certain species of Monsters affects Legendary versions (Artimus, Beridan - Dragons, Lilia - Sirens, Eternus - undead)?

A dodge ring will add to your dodge chance if it is above 0 for any reason.
Level 2+ Druids don't get the OMA dodge bonus, only their specialization bonus (Level 1 has no dodge, so it gets OMA bonus).
Yes, the Spider rings work against the Spider Queen.
Aquarian, Corrupted Aquarian, and Dark Cultists are all affected by the same ring.
Rings have no impact on Legendary Monsters.

I don't know for certain if the OMA + Druid dodge is completely intentional or not.

K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB)
The Leprechaun

Gold: 219327
Flags: 6799

Post by K'tilqr(Mrs.MarkB) on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:33 am

I'm Druid and have been OMA - I use dodge rings.

I can see no difference in th number of +0 hits I receive whether I have OMA or not. so I am satisfird that the dodge does not stack.

Drem

Post by Drem on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:30 pm

Thank you, brick! Though your answer left me uncertain about OMA + Druidic Dodge issue. And with all respect, sympathy and gratitude for KT, I would like to see a clear clarification from someone on "technical side" of situation.

Drem

Post by Drem on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:39 pm

Ok, my new question is completely off topic of my thread's name, but for forum's good I would rather ask here than create one more separate thread.

Working on Russian translation of Notifications from the last update, I've noticed that interesting message:
You've acquired your first Sky Decoration. After launching into the Sky, you'll be able to place these floating wonders by selecting them in your Inventory. If they're ever burned down or removed, they'll go straight back to your bag too!

Is that true - they are undestroyable in terms of griefing? And, if yes, how about old Land Decorations, do they acting in similar way - will they return into owner's Inventory after they will burned out?
I'm asking because I couldn't find anything about that in Help for ages. And some weeks ago couple of my Lantern Decorations were burned by one foolish noob, but it happened that they didn't disappeared and just came back into my Items list.
Just need to be sure about. Thank you in advance.

brick
The PerBlue Developer

Gold: 66075
Flags: 2

Post by brick on Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:13 am

Yes, burnt decorations return to the owner.

Drem

Post by Drem on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:03 pm

Thank you. I spent quite a lot of Food, collecting Decorations, but kept most of them in my Houses for months and years because of fear of griefing from some idiots.
Now it's time to refine my landscapes.

Previous