If this is the first time you have ever played Parallel Kingdom, start the app and hit Make New Account. Enter your character's name and gender, password, and email address. You will also have to enter your age and choose if you want to have txt msg notifications sent to your phone. These notifications let you know when things are happening even when you are not playing Parallel Kingdom. If you don't choose text message notifications, you can go use the "Settings" button in the game to change your notification settings later.
Upgrading an Account
If you have an existing Age of Gathering account you can upgrade your account to Age of Emergence. Just login with your same character name and password. All of your gold, items, and buildings from the Age of Gathering should automatically transfer over to the Age of Emergence.
Here are the basic controls to the game. Read through them or skip down to the Your First Fight section below.
Moving: Double Tap anywhere on the screen to make your virtual self go there (more about movement in Traveling and Getting Around)
Attacking: Tap on any monster you see, and select Attack from the menu, the rest of the fight is almost fully automated (just watch your HP!)
Picking up items: Tap any items you see and select Pickup from the menu.
Communicating: You can chat with other players via Map Chat or Global Chat(more on communication in the Playing With Others Section of the guide)
Many of the actions in Parallel Kingdom are accessed through the menu. Here are all the menu options.
If you press the button to open up your menu, you'll find 10 different buttons:
- Items: Opens up your inventory, where you can equip, use, dump or drop items.
- Inbox: Opens up your message Inbox to see any Private Messages or Invites you've received (more on this in Playing With Others).
- Estates: Opens up a menu of buildings that you can easily visit just tapping them. This list includes your House, City, Oil Wells, Roc Shrines, and a few others (See section Traveling and Getting Around).
- Skills: Shows the list of all the Skills available in PK. Tap one of the Skills to look at the Levels and abilities of that skill (see section: Pages, Skills, and Levels)
- Create: Opens up a screen where you choose to either "Build" or "Craft." Choose Build to build new structures. Create allows you to use your Alchemy, Leatherworking, and Weapon Smithing skills.
- Help: Brings up the mobile version of this Player's Guide.
- Relocate: Moves your character to your current GPS/WiFi location.
- Players: Brings up the Player Lists and allows you to search for a specific player. Tap any player entry to bring up their Profile.
- Chat: Shows a list of chatrooms. Tap the checkbox to subscribe to a chatroom or select the entire entry to go into the chatroom (more on this in Playing With Others).
- Profile: Opens up your player profile. Change your status message and see how you're doing in the weekly Hat rankings.
- Get Food: Brings up the in-game purchase functionality to buy Food or refer a friend to PK.
- Settings: Here you can change your contact info and notification settings.
Your First Fight
Try tapping on items, monsters, vegetation, and buildings around you for different actions you can do. Once you've explored around, try killing your first monster. Select a monster and select the Attack option. Your character should move towards the monster and start attacking it. A green circle in the top left of your character icon turns red to indicate you are aggressive. Keep an eye on your health in the lower right corner of the screen. Once you health drops below 50/100, move away (double tap) from the monster. If you have a Mourning Tree nearby, move towards it to start healing. Once you are healed again try fighting the monster again until one of you dies.
If you won the fight, good job! You have defeated your first monster. You have probably noticed yellow "+X gold" bubbles over you character. As you probably guessed, that is the amount of gold that you got for killing the monster. There might also be an Item on the ground next to the where the monster was. Another thing you should notice is that the green circle that I mentioned earlier is still red from the fight. Don't worry, this will change soon, but while in this Aggressive state, your character is not allowed to do certain tasks like teleporting, planting, or building. You will be notified of this state if you try. Your health is probably lowered too, so you might want to heal up using a Mourning Tree or a Berry if you have one.
If you died, don't worry. You only lost 10% of your gold. You will re-spawn in about 15 seconds with full heath. It's important to note that you also drop a backpack and all the items that you can't hold without it.
Other Things to Do
Oh wow, gold, items, monster killing!!! What else do you need? Well nothing, but we still offer so much more. With items that you collect from monsters and other sources, you can build buildings, place flags, or make useful concoctions.
In Game Help
In addition to reading the rest of the guide sections, there is also in-game help. You can access this as you go simply by selecting any item, monster or building and choosing the "Info" button.